07:00 pm - 09:00 pm
**TORONTO REAL ESTATE INVESTORS MASTERMIND**
If you’ve opened social media in the past week, you’ve seen the headlines – “Tiny Toronto House – $1 Million!!” and “Record Falling Rents!”. Increasing asset prices and decreasing rents are not exactly the recipe for success. So, as a sophisticated investor, what can you do to position yourself to WIN in this market?
This month’s guest speaker Jin Kim, long time real estate entrepreneur, is navigating the intersection of these challenges and using two strategies.
1. A combination of short, medium, and long-term rentals to solve the cash flow problem!
2. Investing in real estate in alternative ways – (think, development and private lending).
But wait… isn’t that a lot of extra work?? Enter property management.
Join us as we dive into topics like:
· How cash flow is equal or higher (!!!) after being fully managed
· How the short-term rental market is faring during the pandemic
· General costs to switch from long term rentals to short term rentals
· The risks and downsides of this strategy and how to mitigate them
· How to create flexibility and switch between short and long-term rentals
About Jin Kim
Jin Kim is a real-estate entrepreneur and financial consultant based in Toronto. He specializes in urban transformations and infill developments with emphasis on creating high-value real estate portfolios and cash-flow generation. With more than a decade’s worth of experience in real estate investing and financing – focusing on value chain creation and property development – he provides strategic financial direction to various business partnerships.
In the last 10 years, Jin has amassed a diverse portfolio of rental properties and infill developments in Toronto and surrounding areas. He is deeply passionate about creating personal economic freedom through real estate investing and sharing his knowledge and perspective with others.
His financial and real-estate expertise is bolstered by an impressive background in IT management in the field of architecture and construction management, a degree in Structural Engineering from the University of Waterloo and a fine arts degree from OCADU.
Living in the colourful neighbourhood of Little Portugal with his family, he is proud to call Toronto, home. He strongly believes Toronto is at the very beginning of massive transformations and is excited to be part of its growth.
6:30pm-7:00pm: Bridge Opens + Online Networking
** WE HAVE A LIMIT OF 100 PEOPLE ON ZOOM SO JOIN EARLY **
The workshop is FREE!
Click the link below to join using Zoom!
A couple of quick tips while you’re in Zoom:
• Please TURN ON your webcam. Otherwise, it’s a sea of blank profiles that we’re staring at and that doesn’t quite make for an interactive experience.
• GALLERY VIEW allows you to see EVERYONE in the webchat. Then it’s like we’re actually all in the same room, just like our Meetup!
• SPEAKER VIEW allows you to focus on who’s speaking.
• Just like in a regular Meetup… you can RAISE HAND, answer YES/NO, give me a THUMBS UP/DOWN, you can CLAP, etc.
• Just like in a regular Meetup… you can ask questions by posting them in the CHAT and then we’ll get to them.
• We will be recording the session and posting it on www.volitionprop.com.
Volition Properties is an award-winning Toronto boutique real estate investment firm. We provide real estate education, help clients buy investment properties, renovate and build income properties, and have sophisticated property management. We have helped clients invest over $175MM in real estate in the Toronto area – we can guide you too!
[Volition (vō-ˈli-shən): The power to make your own choices or decisions; free will. Living life by design, not by default.]
Contact us today for any questions about investing in real estate in Toronto! firstname.lastname@example.org