Attention aspiring investors! Ming takes us on a property tour and shares the details of why it works and what needs to change to make it a strong long-term hold.
While it’s not a straight investment property, it is set up well to help subsidize cost of living, or as a first rental property to get in and build equity.
Why It Works!
– Location: Located in East York in the Blake-Jones neighbourhood the property is 10-minutes from the subway. The area attracts a good tenant profile, allows for good rents, and has quick access to public transit, which is key!
– Ceiling Height: The ceiling heights are excellent which means no underpinning required.
– Not Turnkey: This was advantageous because it didn’t come with a turnkey price tag.
– Layout: The property is already subdivided and offers two units with their own separate entrances.
What It Needs!
– A whole new kitchen
– New flooring
– Updated exterior and new railings
– Back deck to create more outdoor space
– Landscaping and a fence to close off the yard
Want to learn more about investing in Toronto?
Volition offers a free Advisory Session – email us at email@example.com to get started!