Everything You Know About Investing in Toronto Is WRONG!
Date: September 28, 2022
“Investment Properties don’t work in Toronto”
“Cashflow doesn’t exist in Toronto”
“You have to go outside Toronto to find good properties”
“Investing in Toronto means that you are buying a condo”
“Toronto is too risky”
“Toronto is expensive”
At Volition, we would agree with, at most, ONE of these statements. Can you guess which one?
Just because you live in Toronto or GTA, doesn’t automatically make you a Toronto investment expert. At Volition, we have been debunking myths about the viability of investing in Toronto for the past 14 years.
Yes, we understand that the current environment is nothing short of unprecedented: there is a lot of concern about the market due to interest rates and inflation.
This is why, following hot on the heels of “The Property Show”, this Meetup will be a much deeper dive and a more comprehensive overview than the condensed version of the presentation Ming & Matt delivered as the Keynote Speakers at “The Property Show” on Sept 17) where they were presenters and expert panelists.
We will be going deep into the execution of the Volition multifamily business model, answering questions about WHERE to invest and exactly WHAT to invest in, and WHETHER viable investment properties exist in Toronto.
**And as a bonus, we are going to teach you a sophisticated cashflow boosting technique that Volition investors use when buying properties in order to boost cashflow by almost $500, without hardly having to lift a finger!**
We are going to let T.I.M.E. guide us as to whether this is the right time to invest in Toronto… and determine what’s more important: TIMING the Market, or Time IN the Market.
In this presentation we’ll also cover:
- Market update: increase in listings, more activity, Fall market came “early” this year
- Interest Rate hike update
- When/how long it takes for shocks to the market to get fully priced into the on-market properties
- Update on rents (case study), rents are back on the rise
- Is this the best time to invest in Toronto in the past 15 years?
- Long term outlook horizon in order to mitigate risk of short term fluctuations
- Is this the bottom? Does it matter?
- Getting back to cashflow
- Ways to boost cashflow
- Returning to the office post COVID
- BRRR model – Triplex conversions, Update on Development Charges
- Rising interest rates vs. lower pricing (matrix comparison) vs. cashflow
- Volition Investing Fundamentals
- Resiliency of Toronto – What constitutes a “strong” portfolio?
Access the FULL recording and slides below.