Does Investing in Toronto Real Estate Still Make Sense Today?
Date: Wednesday, May 4
The single most FAQ the Volition team has been asked in the past few months is: “Does Investing in Toronto Real Estate Still Make Sense Today?“.
We will reframe this question that is on everyone’s mind, and dive into topics and recent developments including:
- Rising Interest Rates
- War in Ukraine and global uncertainty
- Non-Resident Speculation Tax (NRST) increase
- Open Bidding Process
- Rising Prices
- What is happening to Rents?
- Proposals for City of Toronto changes to the development process to build triplexes/4plexes (and up to 4 storeys)
- Garden Suites legislation
- Restrictions on using HELOC for downpayments
- “Flipping Tax” vs. Principal Residence
- Is this a good time to buy a primary residence / investment property?
- Is this a good time to sell my primary residence / investment property?
MORE IMPORTANTLY… We will be talking about WHAT YOU DO AS AN INVESTOR to be successful in the current volatile environment. As with everything we do, Volition doesn’t just read and regurgitate headlines, we will go deep PAST the “research & analysis” that any monkey can do, and actually SYNTHESIZE this into meaningful, actionable strategies and tactics in order to mitigate risk, boost cashflow, and build sustainable wealth.
Toronto has never been an easy market to invest in. Beside Vancouver, it is probably the single most challenging market to invest in in Canada. Volition makes it viable and achievable. We Make Toronto Work! (in fact, HGTV recent tapped us for our thoughts too :))
Indeed… “may we live in interesting times…”
Access the FULL recording and slides below.