Volition is starting a FREE Monthly Online “REI Coffeehouse” Web Chat! Based on feedback from our clients and investors, you want MORE! More networking, more Q&A time, more learning, more community, more like-minded people, more engagement… And that a Meetup once a month wasn’t enough! Volition’s mandate has always been to remove obstacles and roadblocks… and now the REI Coffeehouse will solve this problem!
Why did we call this a “Coffeehouse Chat”? Because the format is simple. No format. No presentation. No script. Just an informal 1hr online web conference chat that you can log into from your computer during your workday lunch hour (12pm-1pm)… not too much different than if you were meeting a friend for a coffee at a nearby coffee shop. Just real people with real problems, and maybe the occasional guest speaker. Send in your questions beforehand, and then we’ll chat about them and answer your questions with everyone else on the line… others may even jump in with their own input or experiences. Even if you don’t have a specific question, join the web chat anyway because you can join from your computer!! (and it’s FREE!!)
The REI Coffeehouse will be using Zoom.us, so have your laptop’s webcam and microphone on to join the web chat. And we’ll be screen recording it and posting each REI Coffeehouse Chat on our website, along with our Monthly Meetup content.
We will be scheduling our REI Coffeehouse Chats thru Meetup.com (www.meetup.com/Volition), so make sure you go there and sign up to get notified of the next one!
What do you think? Will you be logging on and joining us to talk about all-things-real-estate??
(1. Also, if you have any suggestions on the format, content, etc., let me know by posting it below!)
(2. If you have a suggestion on the SPECIFIC TIME other than the planned 12pm-1pm, also let us know by posting it below!)
Topics that we discussed:
- Any new mtg products for investors?
- I’m just hear to hear about the issues some people are having. Thanks for having me!
- How to structure the legal entities on both sides of the border when investing in US market?
- I there any hacks to save capital gain like 1031 exchange in Canada?
- what markets are you looking at for student rentals
- Hi Matt, what are your thoughts on commercial real estate? Do you own any commercial real estate? If yes, what factors/variables do you consider before buying? Thanks.
- Do all the property analysis calculators and percentage rules mainly available through US based websites are also applicable to Canadian property market? Any exception or additions to rules what one should remember for Ontarios expensive market?
- Where can I see GTA deals for practicing property analysis if I have not yet approached a realtor.
- How can one become a part of some syndicate deal and is it even something a newbie should get into? Can you give some examples of how it works.
- If I am trying to invest in SF homes in Ontario, how can I safely invest and have 10 mortgages under individual name without legal issues. How can I protect myself from any liability in cases of accident or mishap at the property either due to the renters fault or no fault.
You can access the web chat video here